The latest advances in the FTIR and Raman instrumentation and applications will be reviewed with a thorough discussion of the following topics:
- Optimization of spectrometer settings to get best results;
- Chemical identification and classification;
- Additives and contaminations in polymers;
- Fast reaction monitoring;
- Defects analysis using vibrational microscopy; and
- Chemical imaging and depth profiling.
Examples of applications that will be covered include: polymer analysis, surface science, proteins structure, reaction monitoring, remote sensing, and microscopy. The seminar will include a live demonstration of the new Bruker FTIR microscope and a hands-on session. Attendees are encouraged to bring samples for the analysis. A complimentary lunch will be served.
Instructor: Sergey Shilov, PhD